Restaurant General Manager
Washington, DC 20001
Looking for a great opportunity with an exciting company? We are a rapidly expanding national fast casual restaurant group, and we are looking for a vibrant and high-energy Restaurant General Manager who is able to inspire and motivate a team.
Candidates must be very team orientated and be able to develop teams as well as individuals. We operate from a scratch kitchen, so our managers need to be very quality conscious and be able to adhere to health code and sanitation regulations.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for both Back of the House and Front of the House in a fast casual environment
- Deliver a great guest experience and resolve issues
- Coach team on how to drive sales by upselling
- Ensure a high quality of ingredients and food preparation
- Train and manage all team members
- Inspire and motivate a team
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations
Restaurant General Manager Qualifications:
- 5-7 years in quick-service fast casual or full-service restaurant management
- 2-3 years as a general manager
- Strong leadership qualities
- Positive attitude in embracing change
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A history of building bench strength
- Very competitive Salary!
- Low management turnover
- Obtainable bonus program
- Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401k
- People-oriented culture
- Great quality of life
I love that I can use my 25 years of hospitality experience to still make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis.
- David Dworsky started with Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018. He was born in Cape Town, South Africa.
- David’s operations experience includes hotels in South Africa followed by five years in telecom which is what brought him to the United States. He then went back into hotel management with Omni in San Antonio. While with Omni, David was promoted to General Manager of their fine dining restaurant. He was then recruited to the #1 Zagat-Rated restaurant in Houston, Mark’s American Cuisine, as General Manager. Eventually, he moved on to Eddie V’s and was promoted to Managing Partner and opened the Kansas City location.
- David received a Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) in Hotel Management from the Cape Town Hotel School and an associated degree in Hotel Management from Cape Technikon.
- David and his wife, Jennifer, have two children, Aaron and Evan. They have two Australian herding dogs, Blue and Leroy.