Restaurant General Manager
Washington, DC 20024 US
We are an upscale casual restaurant concept, looking for an experienced restaurant General Manager to support our front of the house and back of the house team.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Mentor and develop the management team and ensure they are upholding company standards
- Lead by example and work side-by-side with all team members
- Demonstrate professionalism and ensure all team members do the same
- Support new restaurant openings as needed
- Oversee the hiring, supervision, and development of staff
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently being followed by all team members
Restaurant General Manager Qualifications:
- At least 2 years as a restaurant general manager
- High-volume management experience (4 million dollars or more)
- Strong financial acumen
- Desire to mentor and train your team to advance to the next level
Restaurant General Manager Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Health benefits
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Assistant Trainer
Pinnacle Billers Gold Member
Being in the hospitality industry since 16, I love working and meeting new people on a day-to-day basis. I am a foodie at heart and devoted to helping others. Recruiting gives me a balance of pursuing my passion professionally and personally.
- Charilynn McKennedy joined Goodwin Recruiting in January of 2016.
- Charilynn grew up in a small town called Albion and started her career in the restaurant industry as a bus-girl at the age of 16. While attending college, she became a Food and Beverage Manager at a Ramada. Something about the hospitality industry became part of Charilynn, and it was clearly the career path for her. She moved to Florida and managed for chains such as Applebee’s, Cracker Barrel, Smokey, Bones, and Grand Lux Café.
- Charilynn earned her Bachelor's degree from Niagara University.
- Charilynn worked in a mom and pop restaurant, then moved to hotels, and casual and upscale chains. She understands the challenges behind different types of brands. She has successfully managed all FOH operations, Bar Management, and became strong in BOH operations as well. She was responsible for large banquets and events while working at the Ramada, including menu planning.
- Charilynn has a strong understanding of what it takes to be a good leader, drive your team, create a family-like culture, and build sales. Her experience has made her extraordinarily successful in recruiting, finding the right fit for our candidates and clients, and building strong, congruent relationships along the way.
- Charilynn’s favorite sport is baseball — Go Yankees! She has a wonderful toddler and husband who support her in everything that she does. Charilynn has had a passion for helping children in need around the world since a young age. She has been sponsoring a child in Brazil through an organization called Compassion for about six years, and working with Goodwin Recruiting has allowed her and her husband an opportunity to pursue fostering children that need a home through 4Kids of South Florida.