Restaurant Manager - Upscale full service
Santa Monica, CA 90401
We are a high-end Asian restaurant group based in LA with multiple popular concepts. We source the best and present the best artfully. We honor tradition and make room for innovation. We are all about the team and the customer experience.
Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- At least 2 years' experience as a Manager in a full-service restaurant overseeing at least 10-15 direct reports at one time
- At least $1-3M in volume experience
- Experience assisting with kitchen and bar inventory, as well as ordering and invoicing
- Experience scheduling a department
- Experience managing labor costs as well as team development
- Experience recruiting and interviewing hourly staff
- Proven success at driving business
- Preferred: Posi/Aloha, CTUIT, Hot Schedules, Compeat, Open Table, Guest Center, HRIS as well as experience with social media marketing
- Good tenure - not interested in job hoppers
- Open availability to work Thursdays thru Sundays
- Base salary in the $55,000 to $65,000 range
- Opportunity for progression
- Training and development
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.