Baton Rouge, LA 70836
Traits this company looks for in their candidates
- Ownership Mentality - They look for a person who takes ownership for the restaurant, or part of the restaurant, and will make decisions as if they owned it.
- Innovation - Company believes every employee has something positive to offer to the company and is always open to new innovative ideas to improve operations and results.
- Adaptable to Change - Candidates must be open to and embrace change. The company is not a cookie-cutter type concept, and the company believes to be the best, you must stay relevant and change with the times.
- Passion for Training and Development - Candidates should have a passion for training, like to work side-by-side with their team, and encourage development of staff to move to the next level
- Drive and Energy - Looking for managers who demonstrate a high level of drive and energy, both with their team, as well as with their guests.
- Well Balanced Managers - No crazy dish throwers or yellers here. Also, no babysitters. This company looks for solid, well-balanced managers who are tough when needed, can solve problems, are good at coaching and counseling, and are solid mentors, developers, and trainers. Our managers are great at creating positive morale within their unit
- Serious Personal Commitment - We work with confidence, resilience, and unwavering perseverance. We are willing to put the business needs of the company ahead of our personal agenda to achieve our objectives.
- Pride in our People - We value our internal and external guests. Our philosophy is to attract, retain, and empower our talent. Trust matters. There should be reciprocity in how we develop and support our people and the way our people grow and develop our business.
- Integrity - We practice the highest standards of doing the right thing and doing things right. In all we do, we are committed to honoring fairness, honesty, and trust in our relationships.
- Passion for Food - We value the full-flavored heritage of New Orleans cuisines.
- Generosity - Proud to serve, we derive satisfaction from giving and pleasing others. We are gracious, even-tempered, respectful, and professional.
- Continuous Learning - When it comes to learning, we recognize that we will never reach the "finish line." We will always be striving for new accomplishments and significant growth - therein lies our strength.
- Winning Orientation - We embody the promise to win, even before we start. Measurable results matter. We celebrate when we win and accept personal accountability when we don't.
- Salary range of $38K-$48K, based on experience
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Package offered
- Bonus Potential
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I have a passion for service. Always have. As an operator for 20+ years in the hospitality industry, I’ve learned that service must be part of your DNA to be successful. I take that same approach to recruiting. I treat my candidates as if we’re on the same team striving to achieve a common goal. For my Clients, they will never receive a candidate from me that I wouldn’t hire for my own restaurant.
- Josh Pace joined Goodwin Recruiting in October 2012.
- Josh grew up living in several parts of the country as a military kid but spent most of his time in the Southeast and Midwest.
- He graduated from Florida State University’s Hospitality Program.
- Josh worked in private clubs, hotels, resorts, and fine dining restaurants under such brands as ClubCorp, Marriott, and Shula’s Steak Houses, with some additional experience with independents and as an owner.
- Most of Josh’s free time is spent outdoors as an avid sportsman and golfer. He also has a passion for music and has played in several bands over the years, off and on.