Gilroy, CA 95020
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Constantly monitor and upgrade the overall operations of the restaurant as it impacts the total guest experience.
- Hire, train, motivate, and retain team members.
- Conduct regular one-on-one informal feedback and address performance concerns on an on going basis.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with team members.
- Through attraction of external candidates and retention of internal employees, ensure a steady pipeline of candidates exists for hire and promotion as openings arise.
- Maintain current knowledge of and support the management team in complying with the Company s operational and Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure the restaurant is audit ready at all times, in compliance with all state, federal and local laws.
- Conduct effective "Team Huddles" daily.
- Resolve guest concerns through creative problem solving, modeling the value of the guest with sensitivity to profit margins.
- Develop and monitor daily, weekly, and annual sales projections.
- Work with employees to seek out sales-building opportunities to meet and exceed sales projections.
- Analyze guest data and actively solicit team feedback to identify marketing opportunities to expand the guest base.
- Oversee the accuracy of all management duties such as reports, cash handling, daily deposits, overages/shortages, safe security, paid outs, inventory control and documentation, record keeping, etc.
- Participate in execution of Local Store Marketing plan.
- Interact with team members to communicate weekly, monthly, and annual profit plans as they relate to fixed and controlled expense.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient staffing levels and for establishing an optimal team member compliant level and for directingactions to ensure the restaurant maintains its optimal headcount of team members based on business needs.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance, cleaning supplies, vendor relations, registers, retail inventory, and critical supplies.
Restaurant Manager Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in restaurant management, hospitality, culinary or a minimum of 3 years of restaurant management experience.
- Some experience of both front of house and back of house management
Other Key Qualifications:
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of individuals, at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make decisions within defined authority level.
- Demonstrated safety mindset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of P&L, budgeting, and inventory management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technology (MS Office, KDS, business systems).
- Ability to drive and possesses a valid driver s license.
- Working knowledge of labor laws, health codes, safe food handling and sanitation, alcohol safety, safety and security systems and procedures, and computer operations preferred.
- Base salary $50,000 to $58,000, plus excellent benefits and bonus plan.