Newark, NJ 07114
Restaurant Manager Position Summary:
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for all day-to-day restaurant operations for single up to multiple concepts and crewmember performance. This may include Front of the House/Back of the House staffing, development and training, food quality and presentation, guest services, and the maintenance of all policies and procedures in the restaurants/market. The Restaurant Manager is accountable for business results in support of operational goals and for assisting crewmembers in implementing changes and results.
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Promotes an attitude of pride, cooperation, and success in the Unit
- Provides leadership to the Crew-members in the Unit
- Establishes high standards for food quality and customer service
- Directs the Managers and Crew members to achieve company standards
- Administration and follow-up on management and Crew-member training
- Assigns and defining areas of responsibility for the managers; establishing and setting deadlines for the completion of assignments
- Directs the team toward achieving the Unit s financial goals
- Maintains a positive work environment for both the management team and staff
- Provides a workplace free from hazards, following all safety policies set forth by the company, and conforming to any laws and regulations related to the workplace
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Restaurant Manager Education:
- Degree in hospitality or culinary field preferred
Restaurant Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum three to five years of management experience in restaurants or retail, preferably overseeing single to multi-unit concepts
- Must have experience with P&L Analysis
- Commitment to service of customers, crew, co-workers, and management
- Demonstrated leadership ability; ability to lead by example
- High level of integrity, honesty, and dependability
- High level of work ethic, passion, and commitment
- Demonstrated coaching, development, and delegation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, shifts, including holidays
Since working with Goodwin, I have been able to help candidates and clients further their careers and businesses. The best part is watching the progress and growth.
- Ryan Marino joined Goodwin Recruiting in February 2016.
- Ryan grew up in Chicago in an Italian immigrant family. Ever since he can remember, he was always surrounded by food and hospitality, which set him on track to be a Chef and Restaurateur.
- Ryan received his Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management from the Culinary Institute of America. He earned a Master’s degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management from Roosevelt University. He also holds an MMS (Mess Management Specialist) certification from the US Navy.
- Ryan worked for Morton’s, Levi, Wit Hotel, JW Marriott, and Michael Chiarello.
- In his free time, he loves to cook, snowboard, golf, and help his fellow veterans.