Restaurant Sous Chef
Boston, MA 02116
Seeking a polished, professional sous chef/culinary leader for our growing, upscale restaurant group to run day-to-day operations in a high-profile, high-volume venue. If you are ready for the challenge for the long-term and ready to take the next step in your career, we would love to meet with you!
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Exceed the expectations of every guest every time - it's what we do!
- Train, coach, and direct team - set the bar high, set goals to exceed, and be the best
- Build respectful relationships with every member of the team while holding them accountable and thoroughly training individuals
- Remain hands-on and eyes-on at all times in the kitchen and be the example for the team
- Control all costs and manage high standards of service while paying acute attention to every single detail
- Exhibit intense line cook skills with efficiency and perfection
Sous Chef Qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in Sous Chef role in upscale or fine dining establishment - NO JOB HOPPERS
- Strong and proven leadership qualities: approachable, humble, coach mentality, lead by example, uphold restaurant standards, clear and direct, communicator, a trainer with a coach mentality, maintain high rate of staff retention
- Thick skin to thrive in a fast-paced, high-profile environment - there's no crying in kitchens
- Culinary Degree/Culinary School training highly desirable
- Attitude and drive are everything - be the best in all you accomplish
- YES, you will work on weekends and holidays
- Passionate, patient, and persistent personality
- On trend with the NYC food scene and local clientele
Sous Chef Benefits:
- Very competitive pay
- HUGE opportunities for growth and advancement
- Insurance benefits
- Strong culture and support system
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.