Restaurant Sous Chef
North Easton, MA 02356
Sous Chef Responsibilities
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement, and plating of dishes per the current menu
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns personally
- Design new menu choices based on seasonal ingredients and customer demand
- Cross-train kitchen staff on multiple stations
- Assist chef with pricing menu items
- Research new developments and apply knowledge to your repertoire
Sous Chef Requirements
- 2+ years' culinary experience as a sous chef in a high-volume, full-service restaurant
- Four-year degree or culinary school completion
- Experience preparing farm-fresh cuisine
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures
- High level of creativity and reliability
- Flexible schedule required
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.