Restaurant Sous Chef
Vail, CO 81657
Well-respected luxury mountain hotel is in need of a Restaurant Chef! Are you a driven performer with a true passion for the hospitality industry? Take the next step towards building your career. This position will align you with a passionate team, committed to being the best, and continuing to grow! We need results-oriented candidates to apply for this position.
Restaurant Chef Requirements:
- 3 years minimum of culinary experience as a line cook
- 2 years of experience in a management role
- English -Spanish Bilingual preferred
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of all food served
Restaurant Chef Expectations:
- Culinary degree preferred
- Models hospitality and ensures his team delivers service excellence
- Delivers the highest quality service and contributes to exceeding expectations
- Consistent execution of all systems, standards, and processes
- Full inventory control
Restaurant Chef Benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Career Growth Potential
- 401k Plan with matching company contribution
- Healthcare program
- Lifestyle benefits -- a health club or ski pass
Recruiter Managing this Job
Simon de Swaan
I became a recruiter as a way to give back to people who haven’t been as fortunate as I have been in my career. At this stage in my life, it’s about connecting with people and helping them out when they are searching for their next move and not about status anymore.
- Simon de Swaan joined Goodwin Recruiting on April 1, 2019.
- Simon wanted to be a chef, gravitated to the Front of the House, and made a career of working in restaurants and hotels. When he’s not working, he spends hours cooking, traveling, and being with his family.
- Simon graduated from The Culinary Institute of America with an AOS in Culinary Arts.
- Before joining Goodwin, Simon worked for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts for 15 years, previously ran free-standing restaurants, and worked for another hotel for nearly 13 years. He is extremely comfortable in the front and the back of the house of dining concepts, and during the last several years was actively recruiting for both his property and for Four Seasons Hotels. This opportunity sparked his desire to recruit full time.
- Simon is a self-described “obsessive cookbook collector,” with a collection of nearly 1,000 books.