Restaurant Sous Chef Needed
Washington, DC 20009
Restaurant Sous Chef Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of direct kitchen management experience
- High-level organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workloads with minimum direction
- High attention to detail and follow through
- Dependable, reliable, and highly motivated
- Culinary school background preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
- Able to work 10-hour plus shifts
- Able to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to grasp, lift, and/or carry up to 50 lbs., as needed
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery and knives
- Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam, and heat
- Able to work in a confined area
- Must possess hearing, visual, and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations - also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature, presentation, and preparation
Restaurant Sous Chef Key Responsibilities
- Actively influence the behavior of others to ensure cultural icons are reflected in daily practice, promoting a safe and healthy work environment and superior guest experience
- Develop hourly team and hold them accountable in order to support the organization s talent pipeline and assist in growth
- Monitor and maintain the Heart of House facility
- Represent, support, and protect the company brand
- Assist New Restaurant Openings, as required
My first love and only love is my family. I have an entrepreneurial spirit that is always seeking opportunities to utilize my creative mind. Being a part of the Goodwin Recruiting team allows me the opportunity to continuously challenge myself both personally and professionally while changing our candidates’ and clients’ lives.
- Mindy Mazur joined Goodwin Recruiting in July 2017.
- Mindy grew up in northwestern Pennsylvania and has lived in several places across the country. She has gained strong market knowledge in each, including Pennsylvania, Long Island & NYC, New York, Southern California, and Dallas, Texas.
- Mindy is a results-focused, ambitious Executive Recruiter with 20+ years’ combined experience in recruiting, sales, business, and account management who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit combined with a strong balance of creative and financial aptitude.
- Her primary background is management recruiting, sales and marketing (wholesale/retail distribution), as well as business development within retail operations and hospitality. She has demonstrated proven success by utilizing best practices for identifying and attracting top talent, converting prospects into active candidates across multiple industries including Hospitality, Restaurant & Hotels, Healthcare IT, and IT Field Services & Project Management.
- Mindy earned her Associate’s degree from Collin College and transferred into the undergraduate program at Texas A&M Commerce where she studied for her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.