Restaurant Sushi Chef needed for a Trendy Sushi Concept in North Dallas
Frisco, TX 75035
We are looking for people who like to have a lot of fun while they are working. Highly energetic and animated personality with some flair cooking skills. Responsible for preparing sauces and sushi items for our guests in accordance with food preparations and service guidelines. Primarily works in front of guests while preparing foods at the sushi bar and ensuring a fun and inviting experience. Monitors and ensures the portioning of foods prepared at the sushi bar and maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the sushi bar and equipment.
Service and cooking procedures:
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival to the sushi bar in a highly energetic manner.
- Responds promptly and courteously to guest requests and provides guests with information about foods. Ensures guests are satisfied with food quality and service while communicating with the server assigned to the sushi bar for the shift.
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned to include cleaning the neta cases, cutting boards, equipment, and floors.
- Is knowledgeable about and complies with the company s standards on food portioning, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen recipes, safety and sanitation standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains kitchen, cooking areas, sushi counters, kitchen equipment, refrigeration units and food storage areas clean, sanitary and organized. Reports any kitchen/sushi equipment or maintenance issues to the manager on duty (MOD) and head sushi chef.
- Adheres to the company s guidelines on proper food presentation and garnishes for all dishes. Properly handles ready to eat food that is served raw.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates foods properly and in accordance with public health safety, state and local laws. Follows Everclean Best Practices for food handling and storage.
- Uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food.
- Keeps Head Sushi Chef informed of inventories and immediately reports any issues with defective products or equipment.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance and uses a courteous manner with all guests.
- Immediately notifies MOD when guests are not satisfied with their experience or if an accident occurs.
- Adheres to company guidelines on alcoholic beverage service.
- Assists with the preparation of sushi items and sushi helpers as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Education:
- Must successfully meet the requirements of company' s service and cooking procedures
- Previous experience as sushi chef highly desirable
- Culinary degree a plus
- Approved food handling training as required by local laws
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production, and Safety:
Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable. Knowledge of hibachi and beverages is a plus.
Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids.
Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.