Restaurant and Bar Manager
Washington, DC 20009 US
We are a strong, growing restaurant group based in DC seeking experienced Restaurant Floor Managers ready to add leaders to our team. If you have 3+ years of upscale restaurant management experience and are looking for long-term growth, we want to talk to you!
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Exceed the expectations of every guest every time
- Train, coach, and direct team - set the bar high and never underdeliver
- Build respectful relationships with every member of the team while holding them accountable
- Remain hands-on and eyes-on at all times-detail oriented
- Control all costs and manage high standards of service while paying acute attention to every single detail
Restaurant Manager Qualifications:
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a FOH Manager role in an upscale or casual dining establishment - NO JOB HOPPERS
- Strong and proven leadership qualities: affable, coach mentality, lead by example, uphold restaurant standards, clear and direct, communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
- Bar experience is desirable
- Proven ability to uphold standards, exceed expectations, and build relationships - attitude and drive are everything
- Passionate, outgoing, patient, and persistent personality
Restaurant Manager Benefits:
- Competitive pay and bonus potential
- HUGE opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Insurance benefits
- Strong culture and support system
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Development Coach
Pinnacle Billers Member
I love recruiting because it allows me to stay on trend in the industry while working with our clients to find amazing individuals to add to their growing teams. I enjoy meeting with new candidates across the country every day. It feels so impactful to have the unique opportunity to change peoples’ lives.
- Marcia Recks joined the Goodwin team in August 2018, after nearly 20 years in the hospitality industry working in operations. She started as a server and eventually worked her way up into a Director of Operations role.
- Marcia grew up in Quincy, Illinois, and after graduating with a degree in Elementary Education, she moved to St. Louis, Missouri where she landed a teaching job early in her career. She furthered her education by achieving a Master’s degree in Theatre which she says has been invaluable, because in this business you are “always on stage!” After 10 years in the field of education, Marcia jumped head first into the St. Louis restaurant scene and never looked back. One of her favorite positions was managing a Spanish restaurant, the first of its kind in St. Louis, which lead to a love for everything Spanish – wine, food, culture – and a few trips abroad. She even named her three dogs after characters from the famous novel by Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote – Quixote, Sancho, and Dulcinea!
- As passionate as Marcia is about food and hospitality, she is nearly as passionate in her love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Although spring is beautiful as the flowers and trees are in bloom, the grass is green again, and everything seems so full of life, Marcia relayed the only reason she loves the spring is the start of baseball season. She catches as many home games as possible and is never a fair-weather fan. “I love my Cardinals, and there is nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon or a balmy summer evening at the ballpark! The home opener is like a national holiday around here, and I LOVE it!” Her dog, Quixote, is a proud Cardinal supporter as well!