Senior Manager of Information Technology
Frederick, MD 21703
An established restaurant group is seeking a Senior Manager of Information Technology. This individual will join a team of professionals as a key member of their leadership team. The Senior Manager of Information Technology is responsible for managing and providing direction in areas of policy, planning, organizing, and execution of company IT functions and initiatives. This includes directing all IT operations to meet internal and external customer requirements and the development of new technical solutions to meet current and future needs.
A successful candidate will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities to achieve business objectives. The Senior Manager of Information Technology will work closely with EVP and department heads to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the business and organization.
Senior Manager of Information Technology Responsibilities:
- Establishes IT policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
- Ensures the consistency and sustainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Selects, develops, and manages qualified vendors to effectively carry out IT policies and negotiated SLA s. Contracts with management specialists, technical personnel, or vendors to solve problems.
- Directs IT system and software education and training programs for organization.
- Plans and controls corporate and retail hardware acquisitions and facilities to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the company.
- Ensures that POS and BOH security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Assists with the maintenance of POS servers, terminals, and printers.
- Programs POS item and price changes including database updating and maintenance.
- Programs BOH inventory, recipe and labor changes, including database maintenance.
- Performs new store opening on-site support for POS training of staff, as needed.
- Plans the install of POS and back of house equipment at new store openings and maintenance at existing stores the POS and back office computer systems
- Ensures compliance for PCI-DSS standards is maintained throughout system.
Senior Manager of Information Technology Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5-7 years' experience with POS systems, network administration, network support and design, and managing network infrastructure across multiple locations.
- Working knowledge of the following network features:
- Switches, Routers, Virtual systems, Firewalls, VPNs, Domain Controllers, SQL servers, File servers, Print servers, IP telephone system, end user computer systems, and printers.
- Operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2008, Server 2012, VMWare ESX 5+
- Experience working with POS systems: AlohaPOS, NCR Configuration Center, and MenuLink (NCR BackOffice) is preferred.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office suite, Outlook, Adobe, SharePoint, Cloud Storage).
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead and get results through others.
- Strategy and planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-36 month time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Information systems development and implementation.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Training and development: a demonstrated ability to transfer skills and knowledge.
- Familiarity with IT, IT Security, and Compliance frameworks such as: PCI, PII, GDPR
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks effectively on schedule.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Ability to travel to and work at other locations as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.