Senior Roadway Design Engineer
Garner, NC 27529
We are currently searching for a Senior Roadway Design Engineer for an established, growing company. The ideal candidate for the Senior Roadway Design Engineer must exhibit a professional attitude, visionary thinking, innovative ideas, analytical problem solving, with a degree in Civil Engineering, PE, and experience working on NCDOT projects.
Senior Roadway Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Managing projects as necessary
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans, including but not limited to implementation and knowledge of cross sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, and scheduling performance
- Established working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers especially in NCDOT, local governments, and private clients
- 8 to 15 years or more of progressive engineering experience, possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation and roadway design
- Experience working on NCDOT design projects
- MicroStation and Geopak design software experience
- Project management skills such as schedule management, financial project management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Base salary of $95K - $115K, based on experience
- Yearly Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
I enjoy helping others find new opportunities!
- David Harris joined Goodwin Recruiting in February 2018.
- He grew up in Raleigh, NC.
- David attended NC State, where he became HR Generalist certified.
- He has 10 years of recruiting experience in the areas of Operations, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
- In his spare time, David enjoys spending time outdoors, golfing, and exercising.