Senior Scheduler - Construction & Engineering Firm
Birmingham, AL 35244
Senior Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Produce conceptual schedules with little or no input from the project team for debate and refinement by the team
- Ideally looking for someone who is strong in scheduling and 3D modeling
- Maintain a database of probable schedule durations by activities as well as overall durations
- Development of the overall baseline schedule using well-defined and properly sequenced work activities
- Oversee all project scheduling activities and provide required status updates, forecasts, and reports as necessary
- Develop project schedule layouts in conjunction with the project team, alternate schedules, and progress measurement of the schedule
- Reviewing and critiquing Vendor and Subcontractor monthly updates to the schedule
- Verifying that the updates are an accurate representation of the work accomplished
- Understand the flow and logistics needed for the execution of the project
- Support ongoing projects by working with the project manager and discipline leads on project status, identifying opportunities for improvement, delays, and areas where additional concentration is required
- Recommending workaround plans to keep the project on track
Senior Scheduler Requirements:
- B.S. degree Construction Management, Engineering, or Business Administration preferred.
- 7+ years of previous industrial or commercial construction experience is required. Pulp and Paper preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP cost management tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera 6.
- Working knowledge of programs such as Excel, and Word.
- A well-rounded base of knowledge in construction disciplines.
Senior Scheduler Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $80K-$90K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Package
- Generous vacation policy
- Relocation candidates welcome
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.