Senior Sous Chef
New York, NY 10010
Strong Senior Sous Chef Candidate Will:
- Quickly spot mistakes and prevent incorrect orders from going out to customers.
- The consistency and quality of food is what makes us great.
- Knows all health & safety policies and ensures they are followed by the team.
- Makes sure all food is stored, prepared, and handled according to our high standards.
- Brilliant at training and coaching your team. Knows the specs of the station they work on and always prepare outstanding dishes - places orders correctly. Ensures par levels are accurate and that waste is kept to a minimum.
- Makes sure records and paperwork are always up to date and hitting standards.
- Completes daily checks on kitchen equipment, keeping all properly maintained.
- Talks about food, ingredients, and cooking techniques with the FOH chefs and team before, during, and after shift.
We Offer the Senior Sous Chef:
Base plus bonus incentive. All positions receive FREE medical and dental premiums, 401k eligibility, and 20 vacation days per year.
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.