Senior Structural Design Engineer
Garner, NC 27529
We are currently searching for a Senior Structural Design Engineer for an established, growing company in Raleigh, NC. The ideal candidate for the Senior Structural Design Engineer must exhibit a professional attitude, visionary thinking, innovative ideas, and analytical problem solving, with a degree in Civil Engineering (Structural emphasis), PE, and experience working on NCDOT projects.
Senior Structural Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work with the group on a variety of different bridge designs, including steel beam, pre-stressed concrete beam, concrete slab, pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls, etc.
- Manage small bridge projects and help coordinate tasks
- Work as a structure/bridge designer on design projects in other state markets
- Mentor junior structure/bridge engineers and perform quality control for structure plan sets
- Write technical memorandums, specifications, feasibility studies, evaluations, and reports
- 8 to 15 years of Bridge Design experience
- NCDOT Bridge Design experience
- Relationships with NCDOT, NC municipalities, and other DOTs
- Thorough understanding of NCDOT guidelines, procedures, and plan preparation
- Ability to execute quality control procedures for structure design plans
- Thorough knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and Manual for Bridge Evaluation
- Previous experience with Bentley Microstation, Conspan, and other structural analysis software packages
- Base salary of $95K - $115K, based on experience
- Yearly Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
I enjoy helping others find new opportunities!
- David Harris joined Goodwin Recruiting in February 2018.
- He grew up in Raleigh, NC.
- David attended NC State, where he became HR Generalist certified.
- He has 10 years of recruiting experience in the areas of Operations, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
- In his spare time, David enjoys spending time outdoors, golfing, and exercising.