Boston, MA 02111
The successful Captains greet all guests and ensure each guest is attended to in an appropriate manner ensuring consistently high levels of safety, quality, service, and guest satisfaction while maintaining a high level of profitability. The successful Captain will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by quality, service, safety, management evaluation, and feedback from peers on the city's team and guests.
Ship Captain Job Summary:
- Safe and proper boat handling of 'twin-screw' vessels ranging from 120' up to 192' feet, while adhering to all Coast Guard rules and regulations
- Ongoing crew management and training
- Strong focus on safety and the ability to communicate best practices to passengers and crew by conducting ongoing safety drills as required
- Strong focus on customer service
- Preventative and ongoing routine vessel maintenance including, but not limited to, aesthetics, diesel engines, plumbing, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray), fire suppression, communications, and navigation systems
Ship Captain Job Qualifications:
- Current valid 100-ton Inland license
- 5 years of marine experience preferred, with two years as a captain with an outstanding record
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential "TWIC"
- FCC Radio Operators Permit
- Current First-Aid/CPR
- Pre-employment and ongoing random drug testing required
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.