Sous Chef - Upscale Casual
Houston, TX 77019
One of Houston's Premiere Dining Restaurant Groups is looking for a creative and dynamic Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will come from an independent restaurant background and enjoy challenging their creative boundaries when it comes to their food. Must be high energy and be able to motivate and inspire a team.
Sous Chef Requirements
- Creative in their cooking ability
- Manage the day to day running of the kitchen
- Coach and develop hourly team members
- Lead the team to execute and deliver an extensive menu
Sous Chef Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years' Sous Chef experience
- Tenure of 2 - 3 years
- Ability to build relationships with Vendors
- Understand a P&L and daily administration
- Have a guest-first attitude and drive the team to have the same attitude
Sous Chef Benefits and Compensation
- Salary Range of $50,000 to $60,000
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
I love that I can use my 25 years of hospitality experience to still make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis.
- David Dworsky started with Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018. He was born in Cape Town, South Africa.
- David’s operations experience includes hotels in South Africa followed by five years in telecom which is what brought him to the United States. He then went back into hotel management with Omni in San Antonio. While with Omni, David was promoted to General Manager of their fine dining restaurant. He was then recruited to the #1 Zagat-Rated restaurant in Houston, Mark’s American Cuisine, as General Manager. Eventually, he moved on to Eddie V’s and was promoted to Managing Partner and opened the Kansas City location.
- David received a Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) in Hotel Management from the Cape Town Hotel School and an associated degree in Hotel Management from Cape Technikon.
- David and his wife, Jennifer, have two children, Aaron and Evan. They have two Australian herding dogs, Blue and Leroy.