Sous Chef - Upscale Full Service
Houston, TX 77007
Full-Service Sous Chef Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of culinary management experience in high-volume (at least $5M), upscale casual dining (Sports Bar backgrounds are not a fit)
- Corporate systems experience preferred
- Exceptional ability to develop a culinary team
- Skillful planner with knowledge of basic business fundamentals
- Strong communication skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships and lead others
- Infectious, positive attitude that inspires
- Good tenure and progression
- Culinary training or mentorships
- Base compensation in the $50,000 to $55,000 range, based on experience
- Bonus up to $750 per 13 periods
- PTO & Sick Leave
- Health - 50% paid
- Vision and Dental options
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.