Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Lead by example, train, and develop kitchen staff members
- Work with a Hands-on mentality
- Assist Chef with standards, inventory, ordering, and cost controls
- Ensure all food is prepared and served with high quality and guest satisfaction
Sous Chef Requirements:
- At least 2-3 years in a Kitchen supervisory role within a casual or upscale-casual concept
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume environment
- Passion for great food and beverage using fresh ingredients
- Strong leader who is looking for further development to expand their career
Sous Chef Benefits:
- Generous Salary of around 45K
- Health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance
- PTO -- vacation and sick pay, 5-day workweek
- Excellent advancement opportunities -- looking for future Executive Chefs
Recruiter Managing this Job
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”