Minneapolis, MN 55425 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required;
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works like well-oiled machinery;
- Produce high-quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to the location s standards, as well as to clients requirements
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish s aspect and its taste;
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide the best results in minimum time.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
- Help create tasting menus for clients interested in contracting the food for different events (weddings, banquets, corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.)from their kitchen;
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served;
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door;
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good condition and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor' s degree with a major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field
- 1+ years of progressive experience in high volume food production or catering
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience considered
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Medical- 80% covered by the employer
- Vision/Dental- 100% covered by the employer
- 401k w/match
- Strong bonus potential
- Great culture
- Strong upward mobility
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Training Coach
Working in the hospitality industry for over 30 years, Jamie Klug brings his operational and leadership background to source and attract best-in-class candidates.
Jamie is an industry veteran working in the hospitality industry, specifically in fine and casual dining. He has led single and multi-unit operations over the span of three decades.
Jamie attended St.Cloud State University for Business Administration and Business Computer Information Systems. Jamie continues to further his education around organizational leadership, graduating from the Stagen Leadership Academy in 2018.
Jamie is married with three children, and he was looking for something that would provide him with a better balance for his family. He transitioned to recruiting with Goodwin Recruiting because it gave him the ownership mentality and flexibility he desired.