Sparta, NJ 07871 US
We are looking for an experienced Executive Sous Chef to uphold the professional standard and high quality established at our growing Restaurant.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Maintain standards for Service & Quality
- Seafood cuisine experience a plus
- Manage labor and food costs
- Prep Sheets used daily by cooks
- Order Sheets filled out weekly by Chef
- Weekend Specials
- Monthly Inventory performed by Chef
- Menu Planning & Costing on every item
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Train all new hires on the expectations of the kitchen
- Follow all standards set forth by the Department of Health
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and ensure the team is prepared for each shift
- Manage cooks and porters in their daily responsibilities
Sous Chef Qualifications:
- Able to lift 30+pounds
- Must have 2+ years of experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Polished personal presentation
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously
- Communicates information effectively and efficiently
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned by the GM or Senior Level Leadership
Sous Chef Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance, Vision, Dental
- Sick days
Recruiter Managing this Job
Anthony Leone joined Goodwin Recruiting in June 2021. Anthony has worked in hospitality his entire career and specializes in and has an extensive background in Quick Service Restaurants.
In high school, he washed dishes and bussed tables…never looking back. Completing an internship at Walt Disney World, Anthony then graduated from Florida International University with a Hospitality Management Degree. He began his career at Boston Market as an Assistant Manager. A year later, Anthony became the youngest District Manager in the company. Having many successful years under his belt, Anthony decided to take matters into his own hands and develop Energy Kitchen. EK combined his passions for health/fitness and QSR's — the menu showcased nothing over 500 calories by steaming, baking, and grilling—never frying.
Anthony built Energy Kitchen into a multi-state corporation, employing over 250 people and growing the brand through corporate, franchising, and non-traditional locations. His hard work earned him the prestigious Torch Award from FIU. This award is the highest honor bestowed upon alumni and faculty by the FIU Alumni Association. It recognizes FIU supporters who are making positive impacts in their profession, the community, and the university, recognizing great achievements.
When Anthony received many requests to help QSR emerging brands scale, he decided to establish a consulting firm QSR Franchise Development Group, which he's been leading since 2015 and oversees 60 locations in 16 states. He is well versed in all aspects of QSR Management, including Franchise Development, Operations, Training, HR, Finance, Marketing, Construction, etc. He loves working with startups and implementing systems that guide them to grow strategically and reach their fullest potential.
Anthony joined Goodwin recruiting because of the pride and integrity of the company. He knew this from experience, as he hired Goodwin to fill positions within his growing brands. It was this familiarity with the company that he wanted to join and make an impact by improving people's lives.
Anthony lives in New York and enjoys spending time with family, friends, his wife of over 20 years, his two children, and his dog. Anthony is an avid sports fan, rooting for the Giants, Mets, Knicks, and Rangers. He loves to work out and challenges himself physically and by obtaining new skill sets.