Washington, DC 20003
We are seeking a sous chef with polished-dining experience ready to take their career to the next level. A genuine passion for food and hospitality is required. The right person will be aggressive, hardworking, dedicated, and ready to make a difference.
Sous Chef Requirements:
- Experience - 2 or more years of relevant experience. Must be able to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a kitchen manager, including but not limited to ordering, scheduling, proper recipe execution, and kitchen cleanliness.
- Exceptional Work Ethic - Someone who is hands-on with a solid background in a scratch-polished kitchen.
- Problem Solver - Can effectively lead the kitchen, thinking positively and proactively to handle any obstacles and solve potential issues that may arise.
Sous Chef Qualifications:
- Strong Sense of Culture Needs to be able to implement systems and create structure.
- Passionate about the Industry - They must have an ownership mentality, be able to manage employees while ensuring guests are always number one! They must be ready to take their career to the next level.
- Experience with a new restaurant opening.
- High Energy - Must bring positive, high energy to the room and bring great ideas.
Sous Chef Compensation:
- Great compensation
- Paid time off
I love being able to find companies the right candidates and managers find their dream job!
- Natalia Figueroa-Garcia joined Goodwin Recruiting in March 2019.
- Natalia is originally from Puerto Rico and has had a passion for cooking since she was a little girl.
- She went to the Hotel School at Cornell and worked in the restaurant industry as a general manager for 12 years.
- In her spare time, Natalia loves to cook, bake, and watch food-cooking shows.