Washington, DC 20024
Our current need is for a Sous Chef for our high-profile client in DC. The Sous Chef position is responsible for various duties as outlined by the Chef to include, but not limited to, working and expediting the line, ordering and receiving goods, implementing menus, training and managing employees, cost of sales, quality control, stocks, sauces, butchering, prep lists, and maintenance of clean and safe workstations.
Sous Chef Job requirements:
- At least 3 years of prior Sous Chef level experience in an upscale to fine dining, high-volume restaurant
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work calmly and productively under pressure
- Work 50+ hours per week which will include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Servesafe certification a plus
- Rob Goebel is a 14-year veteran with Goodwin Recruiting specializing in direct placement recruiting for hospitality-related businesses across the United States.
- Rob has an extensive hospitality background.
- Rob is a true partner, committed to matching top talent with top clients and bringing southern hospitality to a new level.
- In his free time, you can find Rob on the water casting a line or spending time with family, including the newest addition of twin grandsons!