Sous Chef Kitchen Manager
New York, NY 10024
There's an exciting new restaurant coming to the UWS, and they are seeking a solid Sous Chef to support the Executive Chef in all areas of the restaurant! Your experience and energy are critical to the overall success, and we are looking for someone who is looking for the opportunity to grow their career.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all ideas and activities with the Executive Chef and team
- Create an environment to exceed the guests expectations
- Ensure a high quality of ingredients, service, and food preparation
- Hire, train, and manage all BOH personnel
- Create and adjust staff schedules according to projected business levels
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations
Restaurant Sous Chef Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a fast casual, full service, or retail
- Strong leadership
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Restaurant Sous Chef Benefits and Compensation:
- Health Insurance
- Bonus plan
- Vacation plan
- Generous salary+
- Patrick McKee joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2015. It’s a move that Patrick wishes he had made a decade earlier.
- Patrick has lived in every part of the United States and even spent a year in Japan in his mid-20’s.
- He started his career working at the original O’Charley’s Restaurant located on 21st Avenue in Nashville, TN. Over the course of the next 30+ years, Patrick spent the majority of his time at the legendary steakhouses of Morton’s and Ruth’s Chris. He also worked for the PGA Tour for six years as the Director of Food & Beverage for TPC Wakefield Plantation in Raleigh, NC.
- Patrick feels that his position with Goodwin Recruiting has allowed him to pursue opportunities to make a difference in his community. It allows him to stay connected to the industry he loves and also pursue interests outside of the industry.