Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
Overland Park, KS 66223 US
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager/Sous Chef to join our growing team! If you are interested in joining a dynamic group, we are looking for outgoing, driven hospitality professionals!
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a culinary leadership role
- Must show strong tenures in previous roles
- A Culinary degree is appreciated but not required
- Previous positions should show steady and progressive growth
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager Responsibilities:
- Hands-on management style - we work with our team
- Strong attention to detail - we work to do our best each day
- Comfortable with coaching a team - we all need a little extra support and encouragement
- High energy, positive, and passionate about hospitality - we love what we do!
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager Benefits:
- Solid base salary and bonus structure
- Focused training program with room for growth and achievement
- Comprehensive healthcare package and 401K
- Paid time off
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Development Coach
Pinnacle Billers Member
I love recruiting because it allows me to stay on trend in the industry while working with our clients to find amazing individuals to add to their growing teams. I enjoy meeting with new candidates across the country every day. It feels so impactful to have the unique opportunity to change peoples’ lives.
- Marcia Recks joined the Goodwin team in August 2018, after nearly 20 years in the hospitality industry working in operations. She started as a server and eventually worked her way up into a Director of Operations role.
- Marcia grew up in Quincy, Illinois, and after graduating with a degree in Elementary Education, she moved to St. Louis, Missouri where she landed a teaching job early in her career. She furthered her education by achieving a Master’s degree in Theatre which she says has been invaluable, because in this business you are “always on stage!” After 10 years in the field of education, Marcia jumped head first into the St. Louis restaurant scene and never looked back. One of her favorite positions was managing a Spanish restaurant, the first of its kind in St. Louis, which lead to a love for everything Spanish – wine, food, culture – and a few trips abroad. She even named her three dogs after characters from the famous novel by Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote – Quixote, Sancho, and Dulcinea!
- As passionate as Marcia is about food and hospitality, she is nearly as passionate in her love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Although spring is beautiful as the flowers and trees are in bloom, the grass is green again, and everything seems so full of life, Marcia relayed the only reason she loves the spring is the start of baseball season. She catches as many home games as possible and is never a fair-weather fan. “I love my Cardinals, and there is nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon or a balmy summer evening at the ballpark! The home opener is like a national holiday around here, and I LOVE it!” Her dog, Quixote, is a proud Cardinal supporter as well!