Sous Chef for Fine-Dining Concept
Boston, MA 02128
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Lead the team to flawlessly execute and deliver a memorable culinary experience through the food
- Take over lead responsibilities in the absence of the executive chef
- Promote a teaching and learning environment for the team
- Ability to partner with the executive chef and build relationships with management, colleagues, and vendors while demonstrating leadership, integrity, and promoting team success
- Ability to motivate others to accomplish goals
- 3 years minimum of experience as a sous chef in a fine-dining or upscale restaurant with a scratch kitchen
- Must be a great cook and be able to use multiple techniques
- Proven leadership skills, strong communication, and the ability to follow through
- High-volume experience
- Classically trained and a culinary degree is preferred, but not necessary
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Health benefits - 90% of single coverage is company paid
- Paid Vacation
- Growth opportunities
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.