Sous Chef for New Tavern
Needham, MA 02492
Restaurant Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities
- Conducts daily orders and maintains appropriate inventory levels of product
- Provides on-the-job training for associates
- Resolves questions and problems for guests
- Interviews candidates, recommends candidates for hiring, terminations, advancement, and promotion
- Supports Ownership in developing and implementing creative strategies to increase revenue
- Monitors progress towards unit goals and assigns associates to meet those objectives
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment for Sous Chef:
- 3+ years of experience as a manager in a high-volume restaurant
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team, delegate, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to adhere to brand standards and ensure standard operating procedures are in compliance
Salary Range of $55,000-$65,000, plus bonus and great benefits package
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.