Sous Chefs Needed for New Restaurant Opening
Boston, MA 02110
Do you have a passion for creative and innovative Northern Italian Cuisine? Are you that special team builder who can lead and inspire a team in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant environment? We are seeking sous chefs with a progressive restaurant company who has creativity, innovation, and a mind that thinks outside of the culinary box. Qualified candidates should have 3-5 years of progressive experience, with an emphasis on menu development and execution, building great teams, high volume, and a passion to meet and exceed guest expectations. If you think this is you, what are you waiting for? We would love to hear from you!
Restaurant Sous Chef Responsibilities
- Creative love of food with a commitment to quality
- Planning of food preparation and culinary activities
- Modifying menus that meet quality standards
- Managing food requirements and food/labor costs
- Ensuring strict adherence to recipes
- Checking freshness and quality of ingredients
- Product freshness guaranteed by proper labeling, dating, and rotation procedures
- Being a team builder/leadership developer
Restaurant Sous Chef Qualifications
- 5 years in a high-volume, scratch kitchen, and a la carte full-service
- Ability to work quickly and produce orders
- Creative love of food with a sensitive palate and unyielding commitment to quality
- Strong business sense and profit mentality
- Self-motivated with a high degree of stamina
Salary Range - $60,000-$65,000
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.