Staff Accountant - Hospitality
Hanover, MD 21076
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Independently compile and analyze financial data and information
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and YE journal entries
- Cash and credit card reconciliations
- Fixed asset tracking and maintenance
- Ensure transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed
- Present financial information monthly to the CFO and respond to resulting inquiries
- Assist in preparing audit work papers and being involved in the audit process for internal, external, and regulatory agency audits
- 2+ years of experience in finance operations
- A 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or in related field or equivalent work experience (C.P.A. preferred)
- Previous experience with Food and Beverage finance required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- $60K-$65K annually
- 401k + company match
- PTO and Holidays
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.