Atlantic City, NJ 08401
We are a growing Hotel and Casino group looking for a Staff Accountant. This person will be an important part of our financial team.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepares information for periodic entries to journals.
- Maintains manual books and records for subsidiary companies.
- Assists in adjusting and closing the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepares accounts analysis, bank reconciliations and other reports as needed.
- Conducts quantitative analyses of casino operating data with the objective of evaluating results, identifying problem areas, maintaining quantitative controls and recommending possible profit opportunities.
Staff Accountant Qualifications
- BS / BA degree in accounting with one year of experience.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Proven work experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Staff Accountant Benefits
- Full benefits
- Great growth potential
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Coach
- Michael Forgione joined Goodwin Recruiting in March 2018. Michael was born in New Jersey and "ran away" to Florida when he was 18.
- Michael’s experience includes: Chef, wine sales, Sommelier, ultra-fine dining, and being a Food and Beverage Director of the 2nd largest private club in Florida.
- Michael played a lot of sports growing up but now enjoys cycling the best. He sometimes participates in cycle racing.
- Michael earned his degree from Lynn University in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Michael’s “Cool Industry Experiences” include:
- Discussing wine pairings on the news.
- Michael ran the "After Tour de France" party in France.
- His services were “auctioned off” for $65K to create a dinner for 12 people.
- Michael is Court Masters Sommeliers and WSET Certified.
- He has recruited staff from all around the world.