Staff Engineer - Paper Process
Birmingham, AL 35244
We are currently searching for a Staff Engineer - Paper Process for a nationally known construction and engineering firm in Birmingham, AL. The ideal candidate for the Staff Engineer - Paper Process will have strong experience with deliverables in the paper process engineering space, on time and on budget while meeting quality expectations.
Staff Engineer - Paper Process Responsibilities:
- Apply engineering principles, standards, and procedures in the execution of projects and programs to advance process innovation
- Initiate, design, develop, and optimize manufacturing or converting asset capability and processes to meet project objectives, from idea generation through proof of principle and commercialization
- Design, implement, maintain and improve processes, equipment, components, products, and systems for industrial purposes
- Oversee hydraulic calculations, heat balances, material balances, and process flow diagrams
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of systems, and location drawings to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements
- Travel as required for project activities
Staff Engineer - Paper Process Requirements:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Paper Science from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Strong knowledge of paper machine equipment, processes, and operations
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional Engineering registration is a plus
Staff Engineer - Paper Process Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $150K - $185K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Package
- Generous vacation policy
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.