Steward / Dishwasher Manager
Washington, DC 20017
Manages the kitchen cleaning schedule, including daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly tasks. Maintain kitchen is clean and organized state to be compliant with food and workplace safety standards through the DC Dept of Health.
Train and oversees hourly employees on how to efficiently complete cleaning tasks including all dishes, utensils, pots and pans, kitchen equipment, and floors while following safety and sanitation guidelines.
Maintain and operate kitchen equipment per approved guidelines and how to maintain them, including cleaning, polishing, and descaling. Report all maintenance needs immediately and follow up about repairs.
Check all employees out before they complete their shift using a comprehensive cleaning task sheet.
Promote safety in Kitchen by quickly cleaning any spills or areas of liquid, garbage, and waste.
Inspect kitchen equipment to see that maintenance problems are corrected promptly, reporting these problems to the Sous Chefs and Kitchen Manager.
Create and manage a weekly employee schedule to meet the demands of high and low peak seasons and manage labor hours throughout the week.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in kitchen maintenance
Minimum of 3 years' managerial experience
Great work is to love what you do!
- Tiffany Patterson joined Goodwin in December 2018.
- Tiffany grew up in Altoona, Pennsylvania and has lived in Northern Virginia for the past 25 years.
- She attended Seton Hill College in Greensburg, PA.
- Prior to joining Goodwin Recruiting, Tiffany owned and operated her own restaurants for over 22 years.
- In her spare time, Tiffany loves traveling to new places. She loves her Pittsburgh sports teams.