Title 31 Compliance Officer - Hospitality
Hanover, MD 21076
Title 31 Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Oversee, process, and ensure the accuracy of Title 31 related forms completed by casino staff
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate submission of Title 31 required document filings
- Maintain all regulated paperwork and postings
- Monitor and review all Title 31 operational areas and assist in the drafting of sound, effective, and operationally-efficient internal control procedures that comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Investigate reported suspicious activity as related to Title 31
- Address potential non-compliance issues promptly and appropriately
- Ensure all team members are in compliance for all Title 31 programs
- Title 31 training and assist departments in meeting training requirements for successful and timely completion
- Draft written responses to internal and external Title 31 audits
- Provide any other Title 31 support to casino departments and functions as needed
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations
Title 31 Compliance Officer Requirements:
- Strong understanding and comprehension of all relevant Title 31/Anti-Money Laundering, law and regulation, gaming audits and casino operations
- Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment, and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Promptly respond to common inquiries, complaints, or requests from various internal and external parties in a professional manner
- Solve practical problems and deal with stress
- Read and interpret documents such as internal controls and manuals
- Maintain organization, meet deadlines, and possesses integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts, including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline from an accredited college or four-year university, preferred
- At least three (3) years of experience with Title 31 (Bank Secrecy Act), Anti-Money Laundering regulations, in a casino environment highly preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid non-gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position and Alcohol Beverage Control card.
Title 31 Compliance Officer Compensation:
- Excellent salary - $90K-$120K
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- 401k match
- Generous vacation time
- Relocation assistance
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.